Saturday, September 24, 2011

My friends, His friends.....

Ok, so I am married. I was in the Army so I that means I came from a different area and I traveled before I finally settled down. This is not where I grew up. My husband is from this area. Has been from this area his whole life. Has not moved. All the people we know and hang out with are people he knows so I consider them His friends. My friends are scattered from here to kingdom come...I have friends in Germany, Nebraska, New York state, Washington, DC.,  and my family is mostly in West Virginia- yes I'm a Mountaineer! -Thought I was gonna say hillbilly, didn't you? I'm that too. Back to my point. He argues with me that the friends we hang out with are just as much my friends as his. I beg to differ. Loyalities lie with him. They have known him longer and he is a Georgia boy. I know for a fact if I were to share a secret they would run to him in a heartbeat. Loyalty is key in a friendship.
    I do however have two friends that I share everything with and I mean everything! One is in Texas and one is in New York. I miss my friends terribly. My hunny tries to push his friends off on me thinking these people are good substitutes, but they aren't. I know where their loyalty lies. Maybe that's his way of testing me. There is one person in particular who he keeps pushing me to and he admits to me she is not a pleasant person- so I can't understand why he wants me to hang out with her- is he trying to punish me? Does he want me to be more like her? I know my friends are quite a bit younger than I am, I have more fun with them than friends my own age. People my own age try to act all grown while I on the other hand don't take life too seriously. I want to have fun. I've lost both my parents so I already know about serious stuff. I know when to be serious and when not to.
I'm old enough to pick my own friends, thank you very much. I'm very picky. If you make it into my circle of friends, count yourself blessed because I see something very special about you. I take my friendships seriously too. I'm loyal to to the day I die. He can keep his friends to himself. I'll smile, nod and be pleasant. But I'll determine who my friends are going to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home